Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Waitress and a Corona



Several years ago, my cousin, Kelly and I were at a well-known eatery popular for their "wings" and not the hot bodies walking around when I ordered a Mexican beer.  I like lime in my beer—call me crazy.  We ordered from our waitress who had A-cups up to her chin.  She was all, “like, hi guys, what can I get for you?”  So affected it made me want to slap her.  

We ordered our food.  I got my beer with lime.  I may be the only person in the world that does this, but I shoved the lime inside the neck of the bottle and it didn't sink.  It’s really not supposed to because I think limes have buoyancy issues… but anyway, I like to feel like my beer is taking full advantage of the lime.  I stick my thumb in the hole, tip the beer over until the lime hits the bottom, then tip it back upright.  As I was doing this, a random waitress walked by, silverware in arms and with the look of worry on her pretty, anorexic face.  In the sweetest, most caring voice, she cocked her head to the side and asked “Are you trying to get that lime out of there?”  She was dead serious.  

Yes waitress girl, I am trying to dump my entire fresh bottle of beer out to get this stupid lime that came in it.  Who puts a lime in Mexican beer? Flabbergasted, I said, “No.”  She should have felt really stupid, but I don’t think she even knew.  Poor girl.  

But here’s some food for thought--think about how nice it must be to walk around every day so oblivious to the world around you.  

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl. Someone needs to learn her on the beauty of a lime in a beer...

    ReplyDelete