Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeling like a baby boomer right about now.....

I had a blog once..... but I don't even remember the name.  All I remember was a bunch of weirdos started following me so I quit.  I really don't know what I'm doing, where to start, or even if it will be interesting but here it goes!

My name is Jamie.  I am a mother, wife, and I happen to be a teacher, too.  I've been married to my hot-headed dreamboat for almost 4 years and we just had a beautiful baby boy in September.  His name is Brooks.  I never knew that I was missing something in my life until the day he was born--Hubby agrees.

I also teach Family and Consumer Sciences at a very "rural" high school extremely far from my home.  My curriculum includes Nutrition/Fitness (I am neither nutritious nor fit), Child Guidance, Hospitality, and Culinary Arts.

In this blog, you may find the following:

1. Boasts about my sweet boy and milestones he hits as he grows

2. You probably won't encounter many boasts about my husband (although he is great), because I believe a woman who does boast about her husband, has something in her closet.... just an observation/opinion.

3. Recipes--maybe with pictures, maybe not.  I'm impulsive and scatterbrained.  I often do things suddenly.  I am a pretty decent cook so try not to be intimidated. ;)

4. Complaints and comments about students and/or citizens I encounter on an every day basis that could possibly get me fired.  I don't say names, so I think I'm in the clear.  Remember, I said I worked in a "rural" area.  Think "People of Walmart" and their kids.

5. Humor.  I use all kinds.  Get over it.

6. Me, not sticking to "the norms."  I'm a great mom and wife but I don't believe in sugar-coating the truth and always get in trouble with my mom (I'm 29) for "telling everything I know".  I'm not sorry.  I don't believe in lying and I usually don't believe everything I hear or read.  I think most articles (especially pregnancy info ones) and websites are mostly bull poo and I like to do what I want unless it is harmful to myself and those I love.  I use COMMON SENSE.

7.  I love Dr. Phil and I will most definitely discuss his shows on here.  I don't like Oprah, however but I must thank her for introducing ol' Phil.  Thanks, O.

8. I thoroughly enjoy complaining.  I have part of a book written about "Incompetence at Places of Business" so I'll probably include those, too.  Maybe I'll get published!!!

9.  You shouldn't see typographical errors, either.  I am also a certified English teacher and correctly spell and grammarize.  I also make up words.

10.  ...... to be continued?  I think that's all, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment