Saturday, February 4, 2012

Recipe: Ranchy Potato Skins with pictures!

Disclaimer:  I have an ugly kitchen.  I won't apologize for it but I ask that you not look at it when I post recipes.  K, thanks.

Anyway -- I hate to admit it, but these are acutally low fat (low-fat cheese and sour cream).   I was potato obsessed during my pregnancy and craved potatoes any way all the time.  I wish I had made these during that time because they should freeze well!

What you need:
4 large potatoes
6 strips of center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
Bag of low-fat shredded sharp cheddar
Tub of low-fat sour cream
3-4 green onions, chopped
1 packet of ranch dip mix




You need to preheat your oven at 400 degrees.  Clean, poke, and wrap potatoes with foil.  Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Take out of the oven, wait a while and cut them into quarters.



Turn your oven to HI broil.  While broiler baby is heating up, scrape out some of the potato meat and set it aside.  I put mine in a container and then into the freezer for future use!  Leave about 1/2 inch of potato meat  on the potato.



Place the potato quarters on a baking sheet on a rack.  Sprinkle the ranch seasoning in them, however much or little you want.


 Broil the skin side for 2-3 minutes;


 Take out, flip, and add cheese and bacon.  Broil until cheese is melted (about 1-2 minutes).  Remove from oven. ;)


Add more cheese and bacon if you want.  I did because I'm a junkie, cheese-junkie that is.


Add sour cream and green onions enjoy!

Here's what they're supposed to look like.

........But this is how I roll.  Loaded up (its low-fat) & with Sriacha..... I put that ish on everything.

Makes 16 pieces



No comments:

Post a Comment