Saturday, February 4, 2012

The DMV and MuMu's

Oh, The DMV and Social Security office......

Why is it always welfare day at both?  I am by no means rich but I have a bad habit of judging class....well, passing judgement in general.  I know, its wrong but I can't help it and I always have to tell the truth -- its what I do.  I'm not racist, a homophobe, or sexist (well, sometimes I'm sexist), but I am a classist.  I also happen to believe that there is NOTHING worse than some white trash..... except, white trash with money.

I really do believe that everyone can do better for themselves.  I see no reason for someone to look like crap in public just because they don't have much money. I've been to Goodwill and other thrift stores -- there are nice things there and they have sales.  You can get a decent outfit for less than $5.  I'm sure I'm not being fair and not really checking out the root of the problem but as I said, I am judgmental.  Please don't comment on how mean I'm being.  It's how I feel and don't read my ish if you're going to get offended.  And if you do get offended, then go to Goodwill and make yourself look decent.  Shit.

So why is it that every time I have been to the DMV and the one time I went to the Social Security office, I felt as though I was the richest woman alive?  You have a plethora of large women (yeah, poverty and obesity go hand in hand, I get that) sporting mu-mu's and plastic sandals with crusty ass feet and long toenails.  Hair in curlers or not fixed at all and always yelling at their barefooted kids.  Always.  And it's always a family outing to go to the DMV or SS office.  Do they plan this?  "Hey, round up the kids, we're going to the DMV tomorrow."  Good times.  I'd never bring my child into the SS office but I'd probably bring him into the DMV.  It's gross but not nearly as gross as the SS office.

There is always a security officer whose had one too many donuts and seems as though he's really there for show because I could probably outrun him with my baby in tow.  At the SS office, his job is to "check you in" and give you a number so you can wait for them to call you.  Then, you get to the portal and the worker there treats you like you're stupid, an idiot, uneducated, special, and you don't matter.

Aside from the workers, it blows me away to see how many people get there unprepared.  It's 2012.  The internet is everywhere and so are phones.  Yes, I know you probably don't have it at home, but I bet you have a bad ass jacked-up, mud-flapped truck or decked out, lowered Caddy to get you to Burger King to use their free wi-fi on your pre-paid phone.  Use it!  They have everything you need and you have wasted everyone's time in here by not being prepared.

These unprepared individuals then throw a hissy fit because they weren't prepared and want to blame the workers.  So I can totally see how the workers act like everyone's a screw up.  They deal with irresponsible, extra-fertile, illegitimate kid-having trash who don't think they should be held accountable for anything they do.

Last thought -- Since changing my name after getting married (going on 4 yrs now), I feel paranoid a little every time a cop passes me.  I always think that someone has my same name now and is a felon on the run and the second the cop sees my name, he's going to throw handcuffs on me and take me away!!
I haven't been pulled over since I've gotten married but I pray that when/if I do, that the people who share my name do not have records like that.  Scary stuff!!!
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment